In promoting our patrons’ health and safety to natural supports networks United Quest Care Services strives to enhance feelings of belonging, by renewing relationships with the intent to reconnect. Thus, this process is supported by promoting the following support system.
- Triad Friends & Family: For families that have loved ones with eating disorders such as Anorexia and Bulimia.
- NAMI(national Alliance for the Mentally ill): A support group for families with loved ones with severe mental illness.
- First Presbyterian Church, Downtown WS: A support group for families and persons affected with bipolar disorder and other serious mental illnesses.
- Young families: A support group for families that have school-age children with a mental, behavioral disorder.
- Loved ones lost to Suicide: Group Sponsored by Hospice & Palliative Care Center of WS & Forsyth County.
- Dual Diagnosis Support Group: A support group for adult with a dual diagnosis of mental illness and substance abuse or with co-occurring addictive Disorder.
- Speak Out: A support group for teens 13-17, with any mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, ADHD etc.
Local Organizations That Need You
- Leslie’s House Needs group of volunteers who are willing to cook hot meals and serve guests. Contact: Sara Holland (336) 884-1039 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary’s House Help with basic repairs at residential home for mothers recovering from substance abuse. Contact: Craig Thomas (336) 275-5200 or email email@example.com
- Salvation Army Prepare dinner for residents of the Center of Hope.
Contact: Christy Hardy (336) 275-5200
- Greensboro Urban Ministry Cook and serve meals at Potter’s House Soup Kitchen or help in the clothing and food banks. Contact: Gail Gore-Lewis (336) 271-5959 Ext. 305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guilford County Schools Tutor children individually or in small groups, be a lunch buddy or share lunch once a week with a child. Some schools run year-round. Contact: (336) 370-8355
- Habitat For Humanity Assist in building affordable houseing for people in need. No experience or equipment needed. Contact: Butch Sherrill (336) 275-4663 or email email@example.com